Friday, 15 June 2007

Our Busy Week





In two weeks we are going on a visit to the Karitane Marae. This week we have been doing lots of investigating about what to do on a marae, about parts of the wharenui (meeting house) and learning to say our mihi.

We all drew a wharenui each. We used Kidpix on the computer to draw our pictures.

Each wharenui had to have a tekoteko (a figure at the top who was an ancestor), maihi (the arms of the ancestorwho welcome guests), raparapa (the fingers) and amo (the legs).

We think our pictures are cool.

We were learning two things at once. We were learning about the wharenui and about Kidpix all at the same time!

Do you like our pictures?



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your pictures are amazing Room 3! I think you are very clever using KidPix - well done!! Ms D

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are wonderful. You have quite a few talented artists in Room 3.
Ryan's Mum

Anonymous said...

Hello Room Three!
It is Room Two from St Francis Xavier in Dunedin. We love your work. IT is fantastic,cool, awesome, exciting, wowweeee! We have just been reading your blog! Well done!

Kleinkiwi's zukuenftige Mama Silke said...

Hi Kids from room 3 and Ms Little! I am sitting over in Germany (Oldenburg) and have just had a look what you guys have drawn on the computer. It is fantastic and I am impressed that you are a step ahead of my skills on the computer. Have a look on the map to see where I am from! It is summer and 25 degrees right now.

Anonymous said...

Wow this blog is wicked. I enjoyed Storm taking me to this site to show me what Room 3 have been doing. I am going to save this page as a favourite so during my work day I can go and see what Room 3 have been doing. I am looking forward to going to the Marae with Room 3 on Monday. And well done on the art work - awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Room 3,
We are also finding out about worms. We think we can help with one of your questions. We have found out that worms eat things that have been living. The like apples, most food scraps, paper. But they don't like citris food such as oranges, lemons and limes. We don't think you would give them meat.
From Sydney, Aaron, Ashlee and Samara (Room 4)