Friday, 28 March 2008

Health nurse visit






The public health nurse came to see us today. She talked to us about staying healthy.

We learned to brush our teeth twice a day. In the night time before we go to bed and in the morning after we eat our breakfast.




We learned how to blow our nose. It is really important we blow out our nose and not our mouth! That can be tricky!
It is also important to blow one nostril at a time into a tissue.







When we wash our hands we have to remember to rub between our fingers and our thumbs and then rinse off all the soap. It is really important to dry our hands well!

We also learned to cough into our sleeves, not into our hands!

3 comments:

Dillon-Roberts said...

I found this very useful information Room 3 as I have had to blow my nose often lately. I must remember to teach Libby to cough into her arm. Thanks for the tips! Ms D-R

Jane Nicholls said...

When the health nurse came to visit us she told us to sing "Happy Birthday" when we were washing our hands. I thought that was funny, but it means that you wash your hands for the right amount of time. It is important to dry your hands properly too. I wonder what you sing for that? We wish you a Merry Christmas?

Anonymous said...

I have to blow my nose. From katelyn.